- 1 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (about 9 ounces)
- 5 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup fat-free buttermilk
- Cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 375°.
2. To prepare cookies, combine 1 cup sugar and butter in a large bowl. Beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended (about 2 minutes). Add 1 teaspoon vanilla and eggs; beat until combined. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, cocoa, 1 teaspoon salt, baking powder, and baking soda; stir well with a whisk. Add flour mixture and buttermilk alternately to sugar mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
3. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 10 minutes or until set. Cool on pans 5 minutes. Remove from pans; cool completely on wire racks.
These CL Chocolate Sandwich Cookies paired perfectly with ice cream. They are so tasty, and while they are easy to make, they are also impressive looking. I let the ice cream thaw for a bit so it would be easy to scoop onto one cookie, then I pressed down with the next cookie. To ensure that they would keep their form I froze the assembled ice cream sandwiches on a cookie sheet wrapped with plastic until they were frozen solid. After that I threw them into a large zip top bag. I plan on experimenting with as many types of ice cream fillings as I can!! These hit the spot for a nice dessert and were also a great mid-day snack during the month of August! Thanks to