Garlic-Rubbed Flank Steak
8 servings (serving size: 3 ounces)
- 1 (2-pound) flank steak, trimmed
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Cooking spray
1. Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
2. Rub steak evenly with salt, pepper, and garlic. Place steak on grill rack coated with cooking spray; cover and grill 6 minutes. Turn steak over; cover and grill 4 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. Remove steak from grill; cover and let stand 5 minutes. Cut steak diagonally across the grain into thin slices.
- Calories:153 (32% from fat)
- Fat:5.5g (sat 2.3g,mono 2.2g,poly 0.2g)
The grilling time is extremely important with this, a few extra minutes on the grill and it will become tough. Extra garlic was added to this simple recipe because I add extra garlic to everything, I pretty much smell like garlic at all times. We topped this Garlic-Rubbed Flank Steak with Chimichurri Sauce, the recipe can be found under "sauces." This combination of flavors is sensational. This was served with Three-Cheese Macaroni and Cheese and sauteed zucchini and yellow squash.