Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Heather's Roasted Vegetables


I love vegetables, and thankfully (after much persistence) I have turned Terry on to them a bit. On certain nights I can't pick just one, so I roast a bunch of whatever looks nice at the market that day. Yesterday I stopped at our new and improved Smart and Final Extra, which has really nice produce and awesome prices. I found some great looking zucchini, yellow squash, tomatoes, an orange pepper and some mushrooms. I made Heather's Roasted Vegetables to go along with some Unbelievable Chicken and Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes.

Heather's Roasted Vegetables


Ingredients:
Zucchini
Yellow Squash
Orange Pepper
Red Onion
Mushrooms
Plum Tomatoes
(Any variation or addition that you would like)
Seasoning Salt
Pepper
Olive Oil

Directions:

Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.

Chop all vegetables into bite sized pieces.

Toss vegetables with a few tablespoons of olive oil and sprinkle with Seasoning Salt and Pepper.

Place the vegetables in a single layer on a baking sheet.

Bake at 425 for 15 minutes, or until desired tenderness, turning half way through.


Ingredients for Heather's Roasted Vegetables.

Chop all of the vegetables in to bite sized pieces.

Get out the additional ingredients, the olive oil and any salts, peppers or spices that you would like to use.

Pour over a few tablespoons of olive oil and sprinkle with your spices.

Toss to combine.

Roast at 425 degrees for 15 minutes, or until desired tenderness.

Toss half way through your cooking time.

Remove from the oven and serve.

Heather's Roasted Vegetables is one of the most simple side dishes that you can make. It is extremely versatile because you can use the produce you have on hand or whatever happens to look nice that day. I personally don't like roasting my vegetables for too long of time because I prefer for them to keep a good amount of firmness. Lunch for the next day is always on my mind, so I double most of my recipes. By keeping the roasting time down, the vegetables stand up to microwaving the next day much better. This is definitely my go-to in-a-pinch side dish. Heather's Roasted Vegetables seem to compliment almost any main dish.

-Heather

No comments: