Monday, July 21, 2008

Heather's Chicken Bruschetta Pasta

I wasn’t sure what I wanted to make for dinner on Sunday night until we picked up the most beautiful tomatoes I have ever seen from a little road side stand. It was right out in front of a house in Orange, so I assume that the family grew them in their garden. After buying two pounds for only three dollars it became clear that I had to make Heather’s Chicken Bruschetta Pasta to showcase these delicacies. I have been making this for years and have been asked countless times for the recipe. This is the type of dish that I usually just wing, but I tried to pay attention to measurements so that I could share this dish with you…


Heather’s Chicken Bruschetta Pasta


Ingredients

1 lb chopped boneless, skinless chicken breast

1 lb chopped and seeded tomatoes

½ to 1 full head garlic, crushed or chopped

1 handful of chopped basil

¼ cup olive oil

8oz thin spaghetti

½ cup shredded Mozzarella Cheese

Salt

Pepper


Directions

*Fill a large pot of water and begin to boil for pasta

*Mix together the chopped tomatoes, garlic, basil, olive oil, salt and pepper, set aside

*Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper, saute chicken in a large pan until fully cooked

*Cook pasta according to package directions and strain

*Add pasta to the chicken pan, top with tomato mixture and Mozzarella cheese

*Mix together and serve immediately









Fresh, is the best word that I can come up with to describe the way this meal turned out. These were the best tomatoes I have ever had, the basil came right from my backyard and the spice of the garlic tied it all together. Heather's Chicken Bruschetta Pasta is one of my favorite dinners and the summer is the best season to enjoy it! I used a mixture of whole grain and whole wheat pasta (I mixed together the end of two boxes that had been opened.) The amount of garlic added should be adjusted to your personal taste. Terry and I love it, so I used an entire head, you may want to start with less. 1/4th cup of olive oil was perfect this time, but there have been times that I need to add a bit more at the end because it was too dry. I hope your family enjoys this meal as much as mine does....I wonder how long I can wait until I make it again!?!

-Heather

No comments: